Cornerstone Adult Services
Cornerstone’s goal is to help individuals remain in the community by providing a wide array of supportive services during the day.
Early Memory Loss Program
Cornerstone has four adult day health centers in RI:
- Apponaug Center, Warwick 401-739-2847
- Memory Care Center, Warwick 401-739-2844
- Bristol Center 401-254-9629
- Little Compton Center 401-592-0465
Cornerstone Adult Services, Inc. provides support during the day to frail elderly and adults with disabilities. Cornerstone opened the first adult day center in Rhode Island in 1973. (directions).
Throughout its history, Cornerstone has been providing a safe, nurturing, and supportive environment for its participants. Services during the day include: nursing care, nutritious meals, physical exercise and enriching activities.
In 1987, Cornerstone established the first dementia-specific day center in Rhode Island. Cornerstone's Memory Care Center is located on Warwick Neck Avenue in Warwick.
At Cornerstone, We Do So Much
Cornerstone has many services that are available at their day centers:
- nursing care - dressing changes, health monitoring, vital sign monitoring
- personal care - bathing, grooming, and bathroom assistance
- physical therapy - thru a partnership with Innovations Rehab (currently available at Memory Care Center- and the Apponaug center and coming soon to all Cornerstone day centers)
- restorative therapy - guided exercises and use of NuStep provides increased mobility, strength and balance
- nutritional counseling
- dining assistance
- recreational activities
- exercise programs
A team of caregivers work to support individuals, helping them reach maximum potential and receive optimal health care.